Bright n’ Beautiful Announces 2020-21 Christmas Tree Recycling
The Yellowstone County Christmas Tree Recycling Program will kick off on Saturday, December 26, and will continue through Thursday, January 21, 2021.
The Christmas Tree Recycling Program is a popular joint project of Bright n’ Beautiful, the City of Billings, Yellowstone County and the City of Laurel as well as valued community partners ZooMontana, Republic Services, Schnitzer Steel, and Hanser’s Automotive. Starting the day after Christmas and running through Thursday January 21, folks are encouraged to drop off their unbagged and undecorated trees at one of nine convenient locations. The collected trees are then transported to Rocky Mountain Compost for grinding into rich pine mulch to be used in creating bedding for animals and refreshing trails at ZooMontana, Montana Audubon Center and other natural settings around the county throughout the year.
“Recycling your Christmas tree is a great way to extend the giving season,” says Joanie Tooley, Executive Director of Bright n’ Beautiful. “Say goodbye and thank you to your tree and start the new year fresh by doing something good for our bright and beautiful community.”
Thanks go out to the generous partners for hosting drop-off locations again this year and to Billings Solid Waste and Republic Services for collecting and hauling. From December 26, through January 21, here’s where to drop off Christmas trees:
- ZooMontana, 2100 South Shiloh Road
- Schnitzer Steel, 1100 6th Avenue North
- Hanser’s Automotive, 430 South Billings Boulevard
- Rocky Mountain Compost, 3060 Farley Lane
- Billings Landfill, 5240 Jellison Road
- Thompson Park parking lot, East 6th Street and First Avenue
- Lockwood School parking lot, 1932 US Highway 87E
- Shepherd High School parking lot, 7842 Shepherd Road
- United Methodist Church parking lot, 149 Peritse Avenue
Don’t forget to remove all decorations and deliver your tree in its natural state!