The YMCA is offering emergency childcare for essential service workers. Care is offered for children grades K-6. Their emergency childcare site is located at the Billings Family YMCA at 402 North 32nd Street with drop-off and pick-up at the back entrance of the facility.
Your child does not need to be a Y member to enroll. It is available now through May 22nd. Register for emergency childcare online at www.billingsymca.org/emergency. Financial assistance is available thanks to the YMCA’s generous donors.
Emergency childcare is Monday through Friday, 7:30am till 5:30pm. Breakfast and a healthy afternoon snack will be provided but students will need a sack lunch.
Health and safety precautions are being taken:
- Temperatures and checking symptoms for students and staff upon entry are done daily. If a temperature is above 99.8 and/or they show any sign of illness the staff/child will be sent home immediately.
- Parents/Guardians are asked if medications were used to lower the child’s temperature.
- Periodic health checks will be performed throughout the day by staff.
- If a student exhibits symptoms, the student will be distanced from the group while following the YMCA child abuse prevention guidelines. The student will not be left alone with another student or staff member.
- If a student or staff is sent home for symptoms, the group will be removed from the room they were in and the room will be disinfected.
If you have any questions, please contact Youth Development Director Shannon George at (406) 294-1619 or email [email protected]