Health care and service organizations are teaming up for a Special Needs Day and Resource Fair on Sunday, May 5, 2019 from 1-4 p.m. at Big Horn Resort and Reef Water Park.
This event is the first of its kind in Montana. It is part of an American Academy of Pediatrics grant focused on developing community partnerships to enhance the care of children with special health care needs.
Sponsors of the event include Billings Clinic, Children’s Clinic, Early Childhood Intervention, Montana DPHHS Children’s Special Health Services, Parent Partners Program, RiverStone Health, and St. Vincent Healthcare.
The event offers an opportunity for families of children with special needs to build community with each other, learn about important resources to meet their unique needs, and promote positive attitudes around caring for children with special needs. The event features:
- Health screening opportunity including evaluating vaccine status, insurance status, special needs, and developmental delays.
- Exhibitors from organizations serving children with special health care needs.
- Free family portraits.
- Limited number of free or discounted tickets to the Reef Indoor Water Park.
- Gas vouchers of $25 available to families travelling more than 25 miles.
- Free snacks and tote bags.
Admission is free. Families do not need to register, but to request a gas voucher, they need to RSVP by April 15th to Michelle Kautz, RN at [email protected] or 406-238-5097.