4-H Fruit Sale Begins in Yellowstone County
Yellowstone County 4-H members from 26 clubs are now selling U.S. #1 Navel oranges, Washington Gala, Granny Smith, and Fuji apples, Texas Red grapefruit and D’Anjou pears. The last day to purchase fruit is Friday, March 8. Sales support local 4-H club activities and the activities of the Yellowstone County 4-H Council and Foundation.
Members are selling fruit in 20 pound boxes for $32 a box. Delivery of fruit takes place the fourth weekend of March. To order, please call your neighborhood 4-H member, or call the Yellowstone County Extension Office at 256-2828.
Money raised from the 4-H fruit sale helps:
- Provide 4-H member and leader project manuals.
- Fund 4-H project workshops and clinics.
- Provide 4-H scholarships.
- Sponsor 4-H annual camp.
- Sponsor 4-H members going to state, regional and national activities.
- Fund 4-H awards and recognition programs.
- Sponsor 4-H Citizenship experiences.
- Sponsor opportunities to develop life skills, including communication skills.
Thank you for your past and future support of our youth!