Rimrock Foundation Symposium: “The Future of Addiction Medicine: Advances in Mental Health & Addiction Treatment”
September 27 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Rimrock Foundation will be hosting their annual symposium Friday, September 27th.
This year’s symposium is “The Future of Addiction Medicine: Advances in Mental Health & Addiction Treatment.” Rimrock is excited to announce two keynote speakers — Angela Kennecke, a television broadcast anchor who will share the story of her own daughter’s heartbreaking death from overdose, and US Attorney Kurt Alme.
The event is a full day of learning exploring topics including:
- Angela Kennecke ~ TV Anchor Broadcasts Her Own Daughter’s Heartbreaking Overdose Death: ‘It Can Happen to Anybody’
- Update from U.S. Attorney Kurt Alme on SUD and Mental Illness from the US Attorney’s prospective.
- How Substance Abuse Disorder and Mental Illness treatments are evolving and what steps we can take to continue to be on the cutting edge of treatment options.
- Advances in Law Enforcement & Judicial Arenas both Local & State.
- Social Impact of SUD and Mental Illness including our schools, workforce and medical communities.
The Symposium will be held from 8a-5p on Friday, September 27th, at the Big Horn Resort & Convention Center. Attendees will benefit from a day of learning how substance abuse disorder and mental illness are traumatizing the communities and how they can respond. The Symposium is CEUs approved for LAC, LMFT, LCSW, LCPC.
Included in the symposium, Rimrock will host lunch and, new this year, will also have a vendor exhibit area. The cost to attend the symposium is $100 and it is open to the public. To purchase tickets to the symposium, please visit www.rimrock.org.
If you have any questions on either event or would like more information, please contact Cathy Cullen,
Director of Development Services for Rimrock at [email protected] or 406.248.3175.